Do you love these grapevine balls as much as I do?
Clearly, not only am I a white cotton sheet hussy (oooooh how I love those cozy sheets) I am a grapevine lighting trollop too.
What a floozy
Want to skip right to the tutorial ? Here is the DIY grapevine lighting balls tutorial with step by step instructions.
I love these balls almost as much as I love my tree that they are hanging on.
Wait. Did I just say that I love balls?
Learn how to make these DIY grapevine balls here in this tutorial.
No worries though, if you don’t have a tree, you can place these balls on the ground at night and they look stunning there too.
Wait. Did I just say that balls are stunning?
The important thing to remember is this :
* You may hang them near outdoor dining areas for soft low lighting
* You may set them on the ground or in gardens for ambience
* You may hang them around social areas of your living space for lighting
BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS THAT THESE LIGHTS WILL HIDE ALL YOUR WRINKLES.
You will look gorgeous in such low lighting, and all wrinkles will be out of sight.
My kind of decorating.
1. One or two sizes of beach balls (the kind that you can deflate).
2. White mini lights(for outdoors) with green cord for camouflage in your trees.
3. Wire….like this size shown below…. 12 gauge galvanized wire, soft and flexible, while keeping your hands clean and cut free. The galvanized wire is also super affordable.
P.s. This is also a super cool option to make, if you don’t have grapevine : a wire ball, without grapevine….
4. Extension cord (preferably one that can be disguised in mother nature)
5. Chain to hang the grapevine lights
6. Grapevine…if you live in Canada….it is EVERYWHERE !
It grows up trees like it’s a wild child. I also found a wild child in my tree ….
Grapevine can actually choke a tree, so most people/farmers want it OFF. They will be happy when you are pulling up and down on their tree removing the grapevine that has a man-hold on their tree.
Note to self : Eat your cereal wheaties that day, you will need some muscle. I have been known to wrestle a grapevine filled tree in my lifetime.
I have LOST the grapevine fight ~ many at time.
It is not for the faint of heart.
Wear your HUNTER BOOTS so you will at least look good for the adventure. Don’t have any? Go buy them. They are the yummiest rubber boots on the face of the earth.
Cozy and warm.
I could sleep in mine.
Update : Since writing this blog post, I have written a full tutorial on how to create the grapevine lighting balls. Click on this blog entry here for full instructions and a bit of a belly laugh along the way.
I collect so much grapevine, my fields and trees will be soon be naked. Why? Because these grapevine balls look seriously gorgeous when they are done. Drop dead gorgeous.
While collecting the grapevine, I found MOSS ! Holy batman, that stuff is epic too.
Want a great moss DIY project ? You can find one here : DIY Green Moss Graffiti … Is your neighbour a jerk face?
Did you luuuurve this blog post and coolio DIY’s ? Sign up to the blog for free weekly DIY projects, photo inspiration, how to’s and more.
Have a gorgeous day,