List of what I’m handling well 1. ___________

Apr 6

How have you been?!  I’ve missed you!  Spring is galloping in on the tail of a very long winter, and I am dusting the cobwebs AKA tumbleweed out from under my bed.  Should I admit that in my outside voice?  Where do the dust boulders come from anyway?  Don’t answer that.  It wasn’t a real question and I’m already grossed out that I have tumbleweed under my bed.

List of what I'm handling well 1. ___________ What's on your list of what you're handling well? I make wine disappear. What's your super power? Life lately: what's new, fave cabin photos & more...

So much is going on.  We should probably pour a glass of wine. Too early? Spike your coffee. You know what, just hand me the bottle.

I make wine disappear. What’s your super power?

Truth is, I’ve noticed something lately and I’m desperate to know if I’m alone in this and/or drunk.  Hello overwhelm. I’m overwhelmed.  I’m even overwhelmed by internet & technology.

I’m also overwhelmed at everything being so perfectly perfect and super perfectly perf perf perfect.   Yeah, I’m looking at you Instagram.   I love you and your gorgeous photo feeds.  But still.  How do people get their hair brushed? I haven’t brushed mine since 1982.

INSTAGRAM

Instagram I love you, but there really needs to be a ‘why are you lying?’ button.

Who are your insta faves?

All this stuff has inspired me to do one thing… maybe it is time to start sharing BEFORE and after pics of projects? The REAL ‘behind the scenes’ deal.  How cool would that be?  Or not. LOL.  Hello muddy cabin.

SPRING

Life in Canada

Let’s get to the down and dirty shall we?  No. I’m not going to talk about my white pasty hairy legs. Except that I already did.  I wish my teeth were as white as my legs.

List of things I’m handling well…

This aromatherapy massage oil.  Holy batman.  I’m not going to get all researcher-y on you with fancy health facts, mostly because I don’t know any. I just know it feels good.  My body feels smoother than normal. Which makes me more vivacious-er than normal. Which is officially a nightmare for you.  50 shades of grey? I’m happy with one shade. This massage oil is at least a shade or two.  If you really want total vivaciousness, try these essential oil bath bombs too.

Spring cleaning.  I can’t seem to handle that yet. Dear mud, stahp, STAHP IT RIGHT NOW.  I want to throat punch you.  You ain’t worf it.  Ask me to clean up the yard after a thunderstorm has scattered debris everywhere and I’ll go limp.  Sorry, I’ve got this rare disease where I go blind and can’t use my hands when I’m around a wheelbarrow. Or a rake.

Pigs may fly before I work up the gumption to get into the treehouse and outwit the squirrelsHALP.

Today’s tip has nothing to do with cooking, given that I have absolutely no business doling out pointers on anything that has to do with an oven. Or goat cheese. I tried that shit. It’s horrifying. Don’t tell me to put it on pizza. I pizza’ed it. HORRIFYING.

But this bread recipe. It’s right on the edge of perfect.

PS.  After it has cooled, wrap it in parchment paper!  It keeps the crust crunchy and the inside yummy.   You’re welcome.

My purse.  I can’t. Even. It’s outta control.   Most papers end up crumpled in my purse for 34 days. Please tell me this is one of your things too.   So nope, not handling the purse thing well.   How’d it get on this list? LOL.

5. T

This Casper Mattress. It has been my fave mattress in the history of ever.   Last year, Casper mattress sent me the mattress to try for our airstream.   The mattress came in a wee box and then poofed into foam awesomeness.

I love the mattress. It is my all-time-fave !!! Use coupon code AIRSTREAM for $75 off a Casper Mattress!

Date night.  I love date night.  I handle that really well.  Anything that has the word DATE or POPCORN in it… uhmm…hello. I’m in.  Michael and I usually go to the movies and eat an inappropriate amount of popcorn.  It’s dangerously glorious.  We sometimes go for dinner too.   I even tried goat cheese ( that was a mistake. Barf. )

There’s major construction going on outside the cabin and treehouse (thank-you-very-much-to-our-kitchen-douchesaurus-contractor.) Not cool. not cool. not cool. not cool.  Don’t even get me started.  I may need to spike my coffee with this homemade baileys.  Coffee gives me unrealistic expectations of productivity.    The homemade baileys … well …it’s like magic juice…. it just falls in your mouth.  I’m handling that super well.

Creative market : You probably already know about Creative Market because you’re actually with the times.  If you sign up for their Monday newsletter, they send 6 FREE downloads every week to your email inbox. OMG. <—- I jumped up and down and hollered that. So good. So so so good.  Hello fonts.  Hello templates.  Hello, everything. Every Monday.   Fahhhhreeee.

Drops the mic. Walks off the stage.

PS. I also buy a lot on Creative Market because their fonts are super affordable and d’bomb diggity.  Like this font from Creative Market.  So good. So so so good.

PHOTOS! Even though I have never taken a photography class, or read a manual for that matter ( I’m from the school of push all the buttons until something happens)…Photography is a huge part of my life and I share my editing secrets here. Did I just sound like a weird-o?  Never mind. That wasn’t a real question.   Want to learn all my insider secrets?  Sign up for free here.

It’s so easy when you know the right buttons to push – You’ll pop your spanx   🙂

10.

Snacks.  I’ve spent a lot of time holding the refrigerator door open, looking for answers. Those refrigerator thoughts make my headspace very messy.

If we’re not supposed to have late night snacks, then why is there a light in the refrigerator?

11.

Blog subscribers.  Dear goddesses of the interwebs, please let this blog post make it through internet space from my laptop to my blogging BFF’s (uuuhmm, that’s YOU!) Annnnnd if it does, I will exercise, eat healthy and stop swearing.  Also, I’m completely lying. I’d die if I went on a treadmill.

I’m just a girl, standing in front of a salad, asking it to be a donut.

Mostly, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for reading my blog and allowing me to pop into your inbox & life.  Ps. If you are not a subscriber, you really should be.  It’s a real hootenanny. My newslettersMare not just any old boring newsletter. They are a cool newsletter.

SHOP THE POST

Turkish throws & throw pillows |  Cut out paper star light  |   White dinnerware  |   Kitchen faucet with spray  |   Paint colours:  Benjamin Moore Ozark Shadows AC-26 on cabin, Simply White  OC-117 trim and interior cabin colours,  Venetian Sky Aura Grand Entrance on doors |   Milk glass vases & accessories are vintage garage sale finds  |  Eve foam mattress c/o Eve Mattress use coupon code LYNNE for $50 off

Let’s bounce.  But first….

Talk to me

Gimme a list of what you are handling well

I need to live vicariously through you.  I bet you don’t have squirrels ruining your life.

1. Mellissa @ I Breathe I'm Hungry

April 7th, 2017 at 12:11 pm

You don’t only make wine disappear, you make my productivity disappear! ???? I’ll be going about my bid-ness with big plans to get loads of work done, and then OOOH a new post from Lynne…… Hours later I come too and I realize I’ve been browsing and daydreaming about white kitchens and cute (but so evil) squirrels and new mattresses (and naps) and pretty fonts and fresh baked bread and oooh is that a SHOP button??? HOW DO YOU DO IT?!?! My day is half over now and I’ve done absolutely nothing productive yet. But it was glorious! ????

April 7th, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Welcome to my world, Mellissa ! It is crazy nuts to try to get it all done, isn’t it?

PS. I don’t get it all done. I think about it for about 07857509378540957 years, then I start to do it… and think… oh no.. this is going to take me for forever… and then I do it.. and think… holy shit… I thought about that for LONGER than it took to do it. LOL.

This are my first world problems right now. Le Sigh.

ha.

Big love and happy weekend,

3. Sandra

April 7th, 2017 at 12:14 pm

So happy to hear from you again! I love your sense of humor. I have the same thing with goat cheese, it tastes like baby spit up smells, so can we stop pushing goat cheese on everything and don’t be offended when I order sans goat cheese!!!!
    In my prayers
    Xoxo
    Sandra

April 7th, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Thanks Sandra!

Did you think I dropped off the earth? I kinda did. LOL.

Have you noticed that too about goat cheese? OMG< it is on everything. STAP it world, STAHHPPP it right now. Toot-a-loo goat cheese, pahhlease. Love, the barfy girl who just tried the goat cheese.

5. Judi Burnes

April 7th, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Lynne, you and your blog inspire me to do great and glorious things around the house and cleaning out a closet (which doesn’t come close to great or glorious, but necessary), I discovered hangers that I know weren’t in there the last time I looked. After doing a CSI thing in the closet, it became clear that the funny noises one hears at night are hangers breeding in the closet and apparently they do not eat their young, because there are hundreds of them all naked.. A point to ponder when you’re in the mood.
    Sure enjoy your blog and always hope that you and Michael are doing well.
    Judi, from California

April 9th, 2017 at 7:33 am

Are you sure there aren’t any squirrels in your closet Judi? ???? xx

7. Lena C

April 7th, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Lynne,
    Your posts are always a bright spot in my day. Thanks for not giving up on us out here! 🙂

Can relate to your weather/cleanup woes from having lived in New England, but now my problems are 100% desert related, since we moved to AZ. (You would not believe the…omg, everything here either has thorns or venom.)

What I’m trying to handle well: To plant my baby potted citrus trees in the ground, without getting stung or bit or burnt, before it gets too hot here, but to also not dig in the wrong place, i.e., destroying the underground pipe that feeds the pool.

The desert looks like paradise, but don’t be fooled, it’s still a lot of work; just a different flavor work than the North woods. (That said, the desert really is amazing.)

PS: I work in a bakery, and a donut will not solve anything requiring more than five minutes’ benefit.

PPS. One tip: NEVER buy anything out of a self-serve donut case. Just trust me on this one.

Lena ❤️
    woodsidebaking

April 9th, 2017 at 7:36 am

Hiya Lena,

Ahhhhh I’ll never give up on you, out there 🙂

Desert??! You are so brave and so lucky!! I bet it’s gorgeous and full of hard work all at once.

And wait. Wait. What happens in the donut self-serve case?

Just so you know, I am never evahhhh going to get that version of donut now LOL. I’m having visions of kids licking the donuts and putting them back. haha. Wait. Ewwwwh.

Trusting you,
    Lynne ????

9. Linda

April 7th, 2017 at 11:08 pm

I’m a new reader, Lynne, and I too want to say thanks for the laughs. Your post made me forget (temporarily) that there’s not a lot that’s humorous going on in the world right now. Guess I can get around the “temporary” issue by re-reading it until you show up in my mailbox again. I trust you won’t object to me pretending every day being Friday in my little corner of the world. 🙂

April 9th, 2017 at 7:39 am

Yay for Friday Linda…

You re-read my blog posts? Perfect. You are officially my spell checker. ha. And let me know if I have spinach in my teeth too. That would be very handy to know.

Big love! annnnnd thanks for the blog love,

11. Mary

April 8th, 2017 at 5:33 am

Thanks for your grand posts.

Here are a few of my observations on your ruminations:
    1. If I took photos of my life/space and posted them it would have to be to a site called “NotSoGrand”.
    2. Ain’t nobody gonna outwit squirrels – we put out (expensive) hot pepper suet for our neighborhood woodpeckers, stupidly assuming it would deter the squirrels. The first few times they tried it we could see them rubbing their faces madly along the deck rail as if to say, “WTF”. But evidently, they adjusted and now have a taste for spicy suet. Told you. You can’t outwit the little suckers.
    3. Purses aren’t supposed to be filled with paper? Who knew?
    4. Things I am handling well….umm, short list. Still standing (sitting–who are we kidding) after 12 hour work days, emergency surgery for adult daughter (she is recovering well, thankfully) and pinch-hitting the daily daycare run for my almost 3 yr old grandson in between working. There is a reason you should have children when you are young. Energy takes a hike in seniorhood. But I will admit, the joy on his face and the running jump into my arms when I pick him up each day are a pretty nice reward.

April 9th, 2017 at 7:42 am

Hi Mary….

Your life sounds like a squirrel chasing, purse wielding, grandson marathon and it sounds glorious 🙂 That little face of his must be adorable when you show up to pick him up. Priceless. Ahhh.

Have beautiful weekend.

Big love and wishing you many successes in your squirrel challenges (those little fellers are hard to outwit),

Lynne 🙂 xx

13. Etta

April 9th, 2017 at 1:06 am

Thank you so much for posting about the Le Creuset bread recipe. Tried it today and it was delicious and so easy. Warm greetings from a cold Melbourne Down Under. Love your style.

April 9th, 2017 at 7:43 am

Hi Etta!

Isn’t that bread recipe just ahhhhhmazing??? I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make and how delish it is. So good. So so so so good. Glad you love it too! Life changer, right? YUM.

15. Ben

April 10th, 2017 at 8:52 am

Hahaha, omg that squirrel!

16. liz

May 9th, 2017 at 11:34 am

The squirrels leave my house alone but the mice! sigh.
    handling well – lying on the couch after work, drinking mango iced tea at work, listening to Scandinavian murder mysteries on cd in the car to bribe myself to go to work.
    not handling as well – everything else

May 28th, 2017 at 8:55 am

Ohhhhh you listen to murder mysteries in the car too? ME TOO, LIZ! I screamed that. Do you ever listen to podcasts? We listen to SERIAL and CRIMINAL in the car (they are both great podcasts)… I bet you’d love them too! Lynne xx

18. Jessica Allossery

May 18th, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Hey I miss you!! Just sayin’. 🙂 Thinking about you and the fam jam like crazy pants!!!!!

May 28th, 2017 at 8:53 am

We miss you too Jess ! See you in a week ( counting down the days! ) xx

1 2 3 4

Unsubscribe at any time. No spam. Not even in a can.